The sentences are TOO lenient for these two MENACES to society

Chester R. Woods and Davionte M. Williams
Since I have resumed writing posts for my blog, The Riggins Report, I have received email and comments from readers accusing me of being racist and only advocating causes that benefit black people.  I don't bother to dignify such specious allegations.  I don't feel the obligation to deny or be ashamed of my advocacy for causes that directly affect black people.  In case those critics haven't noticed, I am BLACK.  One of the main reasons I got into media in the first place was to be a voice for BLACK people - MY people.  I have done that consistently and successfully since the beginning in 1980.  I am proud of it, too.  However, in addition to proudly advocating for and championing the causes of black people, I am a humanitarian as well.  I am a firm believer in WORLD peace and if I had a functional magic wand to wave, there would be peace among men, peace among nations and famine, hopelessness and poverty would be eliminated forever.  If only I really HAD such a wand.  Senseless acts of violence against ANY human being upsets me to no end.  A senseless act of violence has motivated me to write this piece. 

Daniil Maksemino
At 1:00 am Saturday, May 19, 2012, Daniil Makseminko was making a final pizza delivery of the night in Hillsdale, Missouri - a tiny municipality of 1,400 people in North St. Louis County.  Maksemino, then 22, was a delivery driver for an Imo's Pizza franchise that served Hillsdale.  As he pulled his car over to look for the address, he was ambushed by three armed suspects before he could get out of his car.  One of the armed robbers shot and killed him immediately (Imo's delivery man killed in North St. Louis County robbery).  As you can imagine or have first hand knowledge of, pizza delivery drivers typically don't carry a lot of cash on them.  I'll give you about :60 seconds to guess how much these killers/robbers made off with.  Stop trying.  You'll NEVER guess.  NEVER.  See ... these menaces to society REALLY made out that night.  They hit the jackpot.  These MORONS made off with the two PIZZAS they ordered in their botched robbery plot.  Right ... TWO FREAKIN' PIZZAS!  They murdered a 22 year old kid making an honest living and ruined their lives forever and all they got out of it was TWO FREAKIN' PIZZAS

When I first heard of this story I was outraged.  Daniil Makseminko had worked at that restaurant for 3 years and lived approximately 25 miles away from the restaurant.  According to his family, that job was a huge sense of pride to him.  He was able to buy the car he was killed in by working that job.  Which leads to one of the main components of this case that really outraged me.  All three of the perpetrators in this crime lived a lot closer to that restaurant than Deniil Makseminko did.   Any one of THEM could have had a job at that restaurant.  They could have had access to all the pizza they desired.  They made the choice to be criminals instead.  There are many reasons why they chose that route instead of working and earning an honest living.  I am aware of most of those problems.  I identify those problems all the time.  However, what POSSIBLE thought process could lead someone to shoot and kill someone for two pizzas?  Obvious answer - there was NO thought process at all.  Therein lies a large part of the problem.  NO THOUGHT PROCESS.  Education is the key to developing critical thinking skills.  That discussion is for another time and space.  These criminals ended another kid's life over two pizzas.  How STUPID is that? 

On Tuesday, Chester R. Woods and Davionte M. Williams both were sentenced to 13 years in prison.  (St. Louis Post-Dispatch story: 2 of 3 suspects in killing of Imo's pizza driver get 13 years in prison)   In a plea agreement with the prosecutors, they both plead guilty to murder, robbery and armed criminal action.  They also agreed to testify against the shooter, 22 year old Shermell Crockett.  Crockett entered a "blind plea" in August, which basically means he threw himself and his fate onto the mercy of the court.  He realized that if he had subjected himself to a jury trial, he would have more than likely received the death penalty.  He will be sentenced by the judge in October.  (Last of three defendants admits to murder of Imo's pizza delivery driver in Hillsdale)
Shermell Crockett

As I have previously mentioned, there is no stronger advocate for the advancement of black people than I am.  On this one, though, I have no advocacy within me.  This case has bothered me from the time I heard about.  If Chester R. Woods and Davionte M. Williams are thoughtless enough to get involved in something like this at all, then they are too STUPID to be trusted to roam freely in an open society.  A 13 year sentence is not enough time.  This was not a black/white crime.  This was a MORONIC crime.  They should have received a minimum 25 year sentence - whether they rat out the shooter or not.  I wonder what these "geniuses" would say to each other if they had the opportunity to talk.  It was obvious none of them did much thinking on May 19, 2012, but I guarantee you they are ALL thinking NOW.  Too late.  I can't shake the image of that kid who got murdered because he chose to work and deliver pizza. 

The sentences are TOO lenient for these two MENACES to society.

Peace, peace.

Craig Riggins
Email: therigginsreport517@gmail.com
Facebook: The Riggins Report
Twitter: @CraigRiggins





Comments